Discription

Everything Southern & So Cotton Pickin Cute

Monday, August 4, 2014

What Is Worry Worth?

I'm a worrier.  There I've said it.  Ahhhh....


Normally at this time of year I'm worrying that we won't get any fall and that these hot days will continue right up until Christmas.  Fall is my favorite time of year.

But this year is different.  This year we've had such a comfortable summer.  The weather has been the most comfortable I can remember in decades!  We've gotten an abundance of rain and everything looks gorgeous outside.  Okay, maybe I could use a few more sunny afternoons for beach time, but I'm not going to complain.


So now I have a new worry this year.  I'm concerned that the end of summer is coming too fast.  Even though we have warm days way past August, my mind tends to say that beach days are over in September.


September just says fall to me.  The magazines are touting cozy sweaters and muted colors.  It's a return-to-nature time of the year. Watch for wine, grays and camels this year.


The days of wearing your Lilly Pulitzer citrus explosions are coming to an end.  Truth is we can get away with wearing them a little longer here in Florida, still I can see the days creeping up when it will be time to take them from their honored place hanging in the closet and lay them to rest under my bed.


I remember having this same anxiety as a kid, as soon as the calendar would flip to August. School held no interest for me. I would feel sick to my stomach for weeks before school started.  Now here I am in my 50's with twinges of those same feelings.


I can't help but think of this bible verse: Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? ~ Matthew 6:27

So why not.....



Trust in God & let your worries go...


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
~ John 14:27

1 comment:

  1. I am a worrier too! I did enjoy the lovely weather this summer and I am not looking forward to another horrible winter in NY. So that is worrying me right now!
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete